Tuesday 11 March 2008

What's on my MP3 player?

In a bid to rid myself of the daytime playlists of Radio1 I have taken to listening to my MP3 player on the way home from work rather that Scott Mills.

Currently I am having a bit of a Dave Grohl thing. My groovy little Zen Stone is full of Foo Fighters and Nirvana. I set in on Random so I am constantly surprised as I have a few little random nuggets of Ramstein or the Sisters of Mercy.

I also have to keep up with my Podcasts.

Since Pandora stopped broadcasting to the UK I have missed listening to new music but I have found a few good podcasts on the net.

13Thirteen is a great place to listen to unsigned and barely known artists mixed in with a few classics and the Radio 1 alternative / indie / punk / whatever podcasts are really good if, like me, you can't stay up until 3 am listening to the radio. I particularly enjoy the Rock show with Daniel P Carter

What I really need is a DAB radio in my car then I can listen to 6 music, or Asian network. Anything but daytime playlisting.

Going to drown out 'Alphabeat' with a large glass of Gin now (that will teach me!)

No comments: