Friday 27 July 2012

Shooting Stars Necklace, from inspiration to the big day

We had some lovely news at Ivaldi Towers a few months ago.  My biggest nephew and his long term partner  were finally tying the knot.  So, obviously an enormous hat has in order, as was a stunning piece of jewellery.

Hat and dress were easily arranged, but as a bespoke jeweller I wanted to create something stunning, I do have a reputation to maintain after all.  My current collection is all about stars so the main focus was an easy choice but where to go from here.  An evening on Pinterest and I had an inspiration board http://pinterest.com/ivaldi/shooting-star-necklace-inspiration/ and a quick trip to my favourite beads hop and I had some yummy new beads to play with.

Many sketches later I had a design I was happy with and I started making stars.  The Lovely Caroline from the Outhouse Studio has loaned me a beautiful antique kiln, and I just love the results it gave.

I then spent about 3 days placing beads, polishing stars and generally faffing about until I get things where and how I wanted.

Here it is about half way through.


So, Saturday morning dawned and we were off into the wilds of Suffolk and here it is in it's finished glory.




Rosemarie of the Lighthouse Network has been helping me focus and reach my goals, and she has been hugely encouraging all through this project, thank you sweetie x  

So the final outcome of this is that the necklace is now up on Folksy, the original you see here but also as a bespoke, whatever stones, colours you want.

I've really enjoyed this project.  It's brought my Stars collection to a conclusion and I've learned a lot doing it.  So what next, what will be my next collection.  Stay tuned and I'll let you know.... as soon as I know myself x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've recently started a site, the information you offer on this website has helped me tremendously. Thank you for all of your time & work.
[url=http://www.steamatic.com/member/101999/ ]pink ribbon merchandise[/url]

Anonymous said...

I always like to have a read about such things, my blog is related if you want to have a look round it please feel free. I have added yours to my bookmarks.